It was that time again. The alarm on my blackberry was relentless. I shifted to my side and scooped the device off the nightstand. I hit snooze (planning to grab another eight minutes of sleep). Then I went through my work email (no emergencies there), I thumbed over to my Gmail- I had seven new followers on twitter (freakin spammers- I thought to myself). There were also a couple emails about card orders that I shipped (I better take care of this), I wiped the sleep from my eyes and rolled to my feet.While sitting at my desk I shot through my numerous Firefox tabs, I navigated to Twitter. I saw a tweet from my buddy Joey Pasco (Affinity for Islands) “Quiet Speculation's Online Reseller Hall of Shame: http://wp.me/pEpLe-2D”. Since I have been a victim of shady online retailer (of magic cards), I was pretty excited to see this. I opened a new tab for Quiet Speculation and read the article.
For those of you who follow my twitter and blog you may have noticed some post, comments and exchanges with Kelly about my “lack of respect” for Quiet Speculation- mainly stemming from my disagreement with some calls and my disappointment on calls that he missed. After reading today’s post my feelings began to change.
I felt like it was time to bury the hatchet (as the Native Americans would say to the Pilgrims). I planned on re-tweeing Joey and sending Kelly an email. As my eyes were moving back up the page they happened upon Kelly’s twitter feed. Here is what I read:
“as much as this guy seems to despise me, he's the only one with this news: http://bit.ly/5QkRFB @mtgmetagame Bloody good call. about 4 hours ago” (Remember the "spammers" who added me on twitter , turns out Kelly has twitter power - LOL)
Kelly beat me to the punch in being the bigger man and putting our differences aside. Despite the fact that I’ve been nothing but a jerk he still gave me props- this speaks multitudes about Kelly’s character.
As magic players we all share a common interest and goal, we want to play the game that we love and not be ripped off in the process. Kelly is doing a lot for the community in this respect. Although I may not agree with all his calls, I now have a tremendous amount of respect for him. If you haven’t yet, do yourself a favor and check out:
http://www.quietspeculation.com
JM Tweet this!